Heys Guys. Today I’m showing you how to make an Easy Authentic Hummus recipe. Hummus is super easy to make and also super delicious. The base of any hummus recipe is chickpeas or garbanzo beans They’re the same thing.
What to use dried or canned chickpeas?
You can either use dried or canned. Dried are easy to work with, but they are time-consuming. You’ll need to soak them for 24 hours and then boil them until tender which will take about 2 to 3 hours.
Canned is the most convenient option. You’ll want to drain them and rinse. Then if you want an ultra-smooth hummus recipe. If you pick them up and squeeze them a little shell comes off. And you can remove those from all or some of the chickpeas for a smoother result. Now the shells are completely edible so if you don’t want to take the time to seashell each of your chickpeas doesn’t worry about it. It’ll be totally fine.
See More: Zucchini Bread With Chocolate Chips
Set the chickpeas aside and next, you need some tahini which is roasted. Toasted sesame paste and it comes in a can or jar. And if it comes oily on top like this it has separated so you’ll need to stir it together. If you’re not used to buying tahini it comes in large amounts. Stores really well in an airtight container in the fridge. In fact, it stays good for like 6 to 9 months, so I never worry that it’s going to be too much. Pour 1/4 cup of the tahini paste into a food processor.
What if I don’t have any Tahini for the hummus recipe?
If you don’t have tahini or don’t want to buy it, use peanut butter instead, or if you’ve got allergies to nuts you can even just leave it out. Next pour in 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin which is optional but it adds a bit of additional flavor and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then pop the lid on, and we’re going to purée this for about 30 seconds. Then we’re going to open it up and add in our chickpeas. Add those into the food processor and then the secret to the best hummus recipe is to purée it for an entire three minutes.
Now if you find that your hummus is too thick to blend. We’ll add in 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time to thin it out. Add water to thin it out to your own personal taste preferences. The important part is to take that entire 3 minutes in a food processor or blender. You beat in a lot of air and you get the smoothest, creamiest hummus recipe ever. You can add more salt to taste. Then transfer it to a serving dish. Then finish it off with a drizzle of more extra-virgin olive oil.
What to serve with Hummus?
You can serve you Arabic recipe up plain like this or add on some pizzazz with garnishes including dusting it with some paprika. Adding on some chopped fresh parsley, maybe some chopped olives or chopped roasted red bell peppers. You could even add on toasted pine nuts or sesame seeds. Really it’s up to you. Then of course you can serve it up with your favorite veggies, pita chips, or even just plain pita bread. And that’s it for plain, traditional hummus recipe.
Arabian Night Hummus Recipe. New Flavor Full of Love
- 3 cups chickpeas garbanzo beans cooked or canned
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of water
- What to use dried or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in hummus
- You will add tahini paste, 2 tbsp olive juice, oil, garlic, cumin (if using), and salt to a kitchen appliance or blender and puree until smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Rinse, drain, and deduct any shells from chickpeas and increase the kitchen appliance. Blend for 3 minutes. If the mixture is simply too thick, add 2 to three tbsp cold water too thin it bent the desired consistency.
- Taste the mixture and add more salt to taste to suit personal preference.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Optional garnishes include chopped parsley, paprika, pine nuts, chopped olives, or chopped roasted red bell pepper. Store in refrigerator.