Hey everyone, today we’re making a major comfort food! It’s fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. The Alfredo sauce is so flavorful and tastes like fine dining but it’s one of the easiest dinners you’ll make. Let’s get right into it.
The Right way to Cooking fettuccine noodles is by using salted water.
Start our fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp recipe by cooking three-quarters of a pound of fettuccine noodles in salted water according to the package instructions. Once the noodles are al dente, drain but do not rinse. While the pasta is cooking.
This is How to peel and devein shrimp easy
Before starting with the fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, what you want to do for peel and devein shrimp is grab your shrimp and then just slip your thumb right underneath this thin shell and gently peel them off. What you’re going to find is that the shells actually come off really easily. Once you’ve got the shell off come on down to the bottom.
You want to take your thumb and your forefinger squish the bottom of the tail and then just shimmy it right off of the shrimp. Then grab a paring knife and create a nice thin slit right down the back of the shrimp.
Now you don’t want to go all the way through or just cutting into the surface here. What you’re looking for is this dark black vein the intestinal tract that runs down the back. So slip your knife right underneath and then just pull it out easy-peasy.
Cooking the Shrimp.
So for the shrimp. You need to Pat dry a pound of shrimp with paper towels then season with half a tsp of salt 1/4 tsp of paprika and a quarter tsp of black pepper. Then give it a quick stir. Place a large pan over medium-high heat and add a Tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook about 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Make sure to remove your shrimp from the pan, so they don’t overcook it.
Finely for our fettuccine alfredo with shrimp recipe. Chop half of a medium onion and in the same hot skillet. Add two Tbsp of butter along with the chopped onion and saute for about five minutes or until soft and golden. Mince one garlic clove and add it to the pan, stirring for about a minute or until fragrant.
Add 1/3 cup of white wine and I’m using a Chardonnay. It’s not a lot of wine but it adds so much amazing flavor. Cook that down until the liquid has mostly evaporated then add two cups of cream. Bring the cream to a simmer and cook another two minutes.
Next, sprinkle the top with 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, stir until the cheese melts and the Alfredo sauce is smooth and it comes just to a light simmer. Do not boil, then turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked fettuccine pasta and shrimp and stir until the noodles are well coated in that fettuccine alfredo with shrimp.
I love to add some fresh parsley because it adds some beautiful color and fresh flavor to this fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp.
You know what’s awesome about this fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, it is so easy to make and it’s way less expensive than going out. And several of you have told me that this recipe is better than your favorite Italian restaurants. All right, let’s do this and a little more parsley, a little more cheese. MMM… I love those big juicy shrimp.
Wow, I think I got this though. It is so good and the combination of fresh parsley. The Parmesan cheese, the cream, and that white wine, which doesn’t take a lot but it really enhances the flavor. This is one bowl of Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta deliciousness. I hope you guys enjoyed this fettuccine alfredo with shrimp recipe.
Fettuccine Alfredo With Shrimp Printed Recipe:
Fettuccine Alfredo With Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 lb Fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb shrimp peeled
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- S&P to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley or basil for garnish if desired
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Take a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat and add some oil.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Take away the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add 1/3 cup of white wine until the liquid has mostly evaporated
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is thickening, add the fettuccine noodles to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, strain it from the water.
- Flavor the thickened Alfredo sauce with salt & pepper.
- Ado in the cooked fettuccine and shrimp, add more Parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh parsley if desired.