Hey guys, today I’m going to show you how to make the perfect Peaches and Cream Jello. This jello is simple to put together, it looks ultra-impressive because it’s a layered Jello. I bring it to our church potluck and it is a big hit. The kids were just kind of swarming to it. So let’s get starting.
Making the first package of Jello
You really just need four simple ingredients to make these Peaches and Cream Jello. Two boxes of peach flavor Jello to six-ounce size, two packets of unflavored Gelatin, then a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, and finally a can of sliced peaches. So to begin we make our first package of Jello according to the package instructions. We’ve got two cups of boiling water and we just stir that together. So stir that until it dissolves completely.
See More: The Yummy Pumpkin Crêpe Cake Recipe
Now we add the ice water. Now you want to transfer that to a nine by 13 glass baking dishes. And you refrigerate that for about an hour and a half or until it’s fully set. Once your Peach Jello layer has been in the fridge for at least 45 minutes you can start working on your cream layer.
The cream layer
So we’ve got our two packets of unflavored Gelatin. Put that in a medium bowl and then right away add one cup of boiling hot water. And you wanna stir that together until it’s fully dissolving. It looks fully dissolved now, so we’re going to add one cup of cold water. Stir that together and then finally we’re going to add our can of sweetened condensed milk. Just stir that together until it’s well combining and then leave it at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
Now you can see this mixture is starting to get thicker, and we don’t want to get too thick because we want it to be still pourable. So just go ahead and pour that cream mixture over the top of your set Peaches and Cream Jello. Now put this in the fridge for a bit. When it’s almost set, we going to layer the top with peaches, that way the cream layer kind of holds the peaches in place.
The Peaches and Cream Jello arrangement
While you’re waiting for your cream layer to thicken up you can go ahead and slice your peaches. I like to cut them in half, so they’re about half an inch thick. About five minutes later you’re ready to place your peaches. Just arrange them however you like. And just refrigerate the until its full combine.
So right away you can start working on your last Jello layer. Again just make it according to the package instructions, real easy. I used ice water again just to get this mixture to cool down faster. As soon as this Peaches and Cream Jello is at room temperature you can gently pour it over your set of peaches. All right now we’re gonna pop this on the fridge until it’s fully set and ready.
All right now the taste test and I think I like Jello just as much as the kids do. So here we go. Layer after layer of the madness. That hits the spot, it’s so good. A bit of tang from the Jello and the slight sweetness from the cream layer aah takes it over the top. You guys have to try this Peaches and Cream Jello, I know you’ll love it.
Homemade Peaches and Cream Jello
- 2 pkgs. 6 oz each peach jello made according to package instructions
- 15 oz can sliced peaches cut into 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 cup boiling hot water + 1 cup cold water
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin 2 packets = 14 grams or 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 14 oz can sweeten Condensed milk
- Make the first peach flavored jello consistent with package instructions (I used 2 cups drinking water for it to cool down faster), pour into a 9×13″ glass pan, and refrigerate until set (1-2 hrs).
- After the first layer of jello has been within the fridge a minimum of 45 mins, start on your cream layer: in an exceedingly medium bowl, combine 2 packets of unflavored gelatin with 1 cup boiling water and stir until fully dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour in milk and stir with a spoon until blended. Let the cream layer sit at room temp (no over 45 min), then gently pour over your set jello layer.
- Once the cream layer is almost set (this takes about 5 min within the fridge), top with slices of peaches. Note: If you wish the peaches to remain put in a very pattern and not float up, you wish to put them on the cream layer before it’s fully set. Place back within the fridge to totally set.
- You want to begin your last jello layer right after the cream layer goes into the fridge. Make the second package of peach-flavored jello in line with package instructions and let sit on the counter until it’s the temperature (30 min – it’s faster if you utilize ice water) then gently pour over the highest of your set peaches and refrigerate until the entire jello is fully set. Note: don’t pour warm jello over the cream layer or it’ll start to melt and become mottled.