Hey guys. Today I’m sharing with you the lemon and blueberry loaf that was inspired by Starbucks lemon bread. This is perfect to go with your pumpkin latte a little coffee or some hot mocha. It’s so good this loaf is very moist and it’s so flavorful you get lots of that lemon flavor and it’s just stocked full of plump juicy delicious blueberries. Then add some more lemon glaze on top to finish everything off. It’s super easy to make so let’s get started.
To start, I’m going to cream together in a large bowl two large eggs. I brought these up to room temperature. I have half a cup of melted butter. And I’m going to add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract for a little hint of that vanilla flavor. 3/4 cup of white granulated sugar. So I’m just going to whisk this by hand and cream it. And that until I have a nice and smooth mixture to my cream batter. I’m going to add 1/4 cup of lemon juice, a tablespoon of lemon zest from the same lemon. And add that so the lemon juice and the lemon zest are both going to add so much lemon flavor. I’m going to add in 1/2 a cup of plain Greek yogurt so it’s the unsweetened drop that right in and give this a good mix.
Lemon Blueberry Loaf Dry Ingredients
Now for the dry ingredients. I have a cup and a half of all-purpose flour. To that, I’m going to add just a quarter teaspoon of salt and one and a half teaspoons of baking powder. Just take a spoon and toss those together. Then we’re going to add them into our batter and whisk in the flour a bit at a time. Until you have a really nice and smooth batter. You want to make sure that you don’t have any clumps.
I’m going to be using fresh blueberries. you can either use fresh or frozen whichever ones you have on hand. I’m going to toss the blueberries together with two tablespoons of flour. The flour is going to adhere to the blueberries. And that’s going to help keep the blueberry suspended in our loaf, so they don’t sink to the bottom just toss those together. Now I’m going to fold in the blueberries into the batter just take a spatula and fold them in gently.
Preparing The Pan For The Loaf
For the loaf. I’m going to use a by five-inch loaf pan and I’ve lined the bottom and the sides with some parchment paper. I also sprayed the sides with some nonstick spray. For that, I’m going to transfer my prepared batter into the loaf pan. And at this time I also have the oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. So you want to spread your batter to the sides make sure it’s spread nicely and evenly.
Put The Lemon Blueberry Loaf in The Oven
so our Starbucks Lemon Blueberry Loaf going to go into the oven and you need to bake it in a preheated oven until the top is completely set. You want to test it by inserting a toothpick into the center. And when it comes out clean it’s ready to come out of the oven. I’ve taken out my blueberry bread and I’ve placed it onto a wire rack to cool completely and meanwhile. I’m going to work on a very simple glaze, so I have a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice in my bowl here. For that, I’m going to add some confectioner sugar. it’s just going to add some more lemon flavor to our low and just use a whisk and combine this together and.
See More: The Most Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade!
Now I’m just going to pour off the prepared glaze over the top. You just want to swoop it back and forth you and to slice the bread. You’ll want to use a long serrated knife cut it straight through and look at all those blueberries. The bread is just filled with them and this could taste so good. And that’s it for easy blueberry and lemon lope. I love how simple it is to put together you just throw a couple of things together and you’re all set and you have a fantastic and delicious treat to go with your coffee.
Starbucks Homemade Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup White granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- For Lemon Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 cup Confectioner’s sugar
- Heat the oven to 340F. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper on the bottom and a couple of sides; this may make lifting the loaf out of the pan super easy!
- In a bowl, cream together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter. Whisk within the juice and plain yogurt. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, leaven, and salt. Whisk within the dry ingredients gradually, whisking well after each addition.
- Place blueberries into a bowl and toss alongside 2 tablespoons flour until well coated. Fold into the batter employing a spatula. Put the batter into the loaf pan; spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 50 min, or until the top is about. Check for readiness by inserting a toothpick into the center; it must begin clean. Remove the loaf from the pan with the assistance of the parchment paper and set onto the wire rack to chill.
- For the lemon glaze, simply whisk together the juice with confectioner’s sugar.