Hey guys. Today I’m showing you how to make Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini. These zucchini boats are a delicious way to use up all of those summer zucchini.
How to choose zucchini at the store?
To start out you’ll have to bring an outsized pot of water to a boil on the stove, then you’ll need 4 zucchini. I’m visiting trim off the ends and so slice them in half lengthwise. When selecting zucchini from the shop you would like to appear for three different things: color, size, and stem. irrespective of what color it’s green, yellow, or white, you wish to own a pleasant vibrant, rich color. you furthermore might want it to be a medium size. Too big and it’ll be watery. you furthermore may want to seem for the stem. Having more stem on the zucchini is best for having a delicious Stuffed Zucchini than having less stem-like this one, and it’ll actually last longer with more of a stem on that.
Making our halved zucchini boat.
Slide the zucchini in there and boil them. you simply want to boil the zucchini for about 5 minutes. Then you’ll remove it from the boiling water, then just pat them dry. Then we’ll have to scoop out the flesh to depart a bit zucchini boat that we will stuff. You’ll need a pointy knife.
Then we’ll start by cutting this manner down the middle so you’ll just chop this up. We’re actually dicing our zucchini flesh while it’s still whole. Then we make a cut lengthwise on all sides, so one right down the center. After that, we’ll take a spoon and just use the spoon to scrape out the flesh, and it’s already diced so you’ll be able to place it directly into a medium-sized bowl. Then you’re left with a bit of zucchini boat. Set the small boats aside.
We’re going to work on our stuffing.
For the Stuffed Zucchini mixture. Add 1 cup of diced roasted red bell peppers in together with your zucchini flesh, and a pair of cups of croutons and I’m using garlic croutons for a touch of garlic flavor. Then you’ll need 1/4 cup of black olives sliced, and 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese. These are with great care good! Then we’ll add within the juice from 1 lemon or about 1/4 cup, drop that in there, 2 tablespoons of additional virgin vegetable oil, then 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and stir this all at once.
And that’s it for our filling. We’re able to stuff these zucchini. Line up your zucchini boats on a lightly greased baking sheet, and we’re going to spoon some fillings into the middle of every zucchini. you would like to stuff the zucchini as fully as possible. But you’ll see they are nice and pretty.
There’s plenty of liquid during this recipe with the zucchini flesh and therefore the red bell pepper and therefore the juice, that the croutons will get a bit soggy but don’t worry. Next, we’re going to place this under the broiler for about 3 to five minutes. The broil setting will crisp up the highest of your croutons and melt that feta cheese so you’re able to eat you Stuffed Zucchini.
Stuffed Zucchini Boat Easy and Healthy
- 4 zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup Cutter roasted red bell pepper
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the ends off the zucchini Draw a medium pot of water to a boil. And then slice them in half end-to-end. Place the zucchinis in the pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry.
- Pocket out the in of the zucchini leaving the sides to form a boat. Place the boats onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Mix the croutons, red bell peppers, feta, and olives in the mixing bowl with the zucchini flesh. Pour in the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Into the zucchini boats Pocket the mix filling them as full as possible. You will probably have some leftover mixture which can be enjoyed by the spoonful.
- Place under a broiler the stuffed zucchinis for 3-5 minutes to crisp up the croutons until browned.