People are thrilled when they see me coming with this rich, smooth Peppermint Cheesecake. It’s always a crowd-pleaser. It is so scrumptious.
Hey guys, I’m Jiji, and today I’m bringing you one of my very favorite family recipes. Today, my icebox peppermint cheesecake.
The First step for our Peppermint Cheesecake is the crust. and this might be the best part because it starts with Oreos. So you’re just going to do a fine crush, where it kind of looks like fine gravel. We’re going to add a bit of sugar and a bit of butter. About a half a stick of butter and that’s what’ll hold it all together.
So we’re just going to get that all combined. So we’re just gonna pour our crumble straight into the springform pan. And then just use your fingertips to press it in the bottom and up the sides about halfway, just like that. And now we’re gonna pop it in our freezer for about 30 minutes.
See Also: Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet Oreo Truffles
Let that sit while we make our filling. So it’s a block of cream cheese straight into your mixer and then a can of sweet and condensed milk. So we’re just going to turn our mixer into a medium-high speed until it’s well incorporated. We’re going to add our peppermint candy to our Peppermint Cheesecake. And this takes about a cup of peppermint and this is the fun part for kids. I like to unwrap peppermint and put it in a big Ziploc bag and let the kids go to town crushing until you get a cup of crushed peppermint.
Now, this part is completely up to you. I like my peppermint cheesecake to be like light pink color. But you can totally go all out and make it redder if you want. So if you wanna add a little dye to your batter. Just do one drop at a time and you can get it to the perfect red. I’m gonna take about two cups of heavy whipping cream already wet. And we’re just gonna fold it into our batter.
So we’re just wanting to stir just to incorporate. We don’t wanna deflate that whipping cream. And it kind of just makes a fluffy pink, peppermint cloud. We’ve grabbed our crust out of the freezer and it’s just set and cool, and we’re gonna add our filling to it. And the stiration is perfectly fine, kind of like it actually that it’s not all mixed together. I just like to level it off, cover it at the top in saran wrap, and pop the Peppermint Cheesecake back in your freezer.
And like I said to it, it’ll save for up to three weeks and you can pop it out whenever your next dinner party is for the holidays. So now we’ve pulled our Peppermint Cheesecake out of the freezer and I like to saran wrap it really well. Because somehow it ends up at the bottom of my freezer. So I stack all my other freezer items on top of it and the top is not pretty. But we’re going to add a big dollop of whipped cream to cover that up. Now the moment of truth, we’re going to pop it out of our springform pan.
We’re just going to do whip cream in the center. This is where you can totally get carried away with hot fudge sauce. You could put chocolate chips on top of candy canes of your Peppermint Cheesecake.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs pulsed in the bowl of a food processor
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 3 drops of red food coloring
- Hot chocolate sauce for garnish
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped
- Whole and crushed hard peppermint for garnish
- To make the crust, combine the chocolate cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl, and mix well until it resembles wet sand. Press at the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, then crushed peppermint candy, and food coloring one drop at a time, mixing after each until you achieve the desired color, and mix well.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the 2 cups of whipped heavy cream until just blended. Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Freeze, covered, until set, at least 24 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cheesecake to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to make it much easier to slice. Unlatch the springform pan and slice. Drizzle each slice with hot chocolate sauce, and garnish with whipped cream and peppermint candy