Zucchini Bread With Chocolate Chips
I baked this my kids thought it was a chocolate cake or brownie
- 2 cups 300g zucchini, peeled, grated
- 1 tsp 6g baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup 160g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 2g salt
- 1/2 cup 60g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp 5g vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp 1g instant coffee
- 1/2 cup 100g sugar
- 1/4 cup 60g yogurt
- 1/4 cup 60ml oil
- 3.5 oz 100g dark chocolate (55%-70%), chopped
- 1.5 oz 40g dark chocolate (55%-70%), chopped
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line a 9x5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the grated zucchini in a sieve to remove excess moisture until you prepare the rest of ingredients.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, instant coffee and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract, yogurt, and oil. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined. Add grated zucchini and chocolate.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the rest of the chocolate.
6. Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.